We are utilizing technology so much these days in every facet of our lives. I wouldn’t be wrong to say that we have become much so that we have become habitual to it.
And with time the educational technology was embraced by the educational institutes as well because they realized the importance of technology in education.
Undoubtedly, technology and education are great combinations of both are used together with the right reason and vision.
In this article, we have discussed how technology improves education by providing technological educational tools to important stakeholders of child education that are namely, teachers, parents, and students.
Ways In Which Technology Improves Education
Technology enables teachers to collaborate and communicate with other fellow teachers to refine their teaching skills and overcome their shortcomings. This ensures that students are provided the best of education.
Moreover, technology also facilitates communication between teachers and parents through the software like G2 OpenBook so that they are always well informed about the various activities taking place in the school, assignments, and projects given to their child and the overall performance of their child in the curricular as well as co-curricular activities.
Develops Research Skills
The Internet opens the doors to an abundance of knowledge for children. Using technology, children can develop research skills at a young age. This quick access to information makes learning a very fast process.
Self-Paced Online Education
Undoubtedly face-to-face interaction is important for education. However, for some students, there are limitations, physically or economically, due to which they cannot attend the systematic learning program held at the universities or the collages.
And for some others, self-paced courses are the key to their successful education. The technology enables students to get admitted to an accredited self-paced learning program and thereby continue education according to their convenience.
Evidence suggests that educational technology tools are when integrated thoughtfully into teaching; it offers countless opportunities for children to learn and perform.
The educational institutes should meaningfully incorporate technology by adapting a school management system, which ensures seamless management of the school.
The application of educational technology for effective management of the school ensures that quality education is imparted into the young minds of the students.
With each passing year, more and more schools are adopting technology in their classroom along with school ERP system. This is because the technology-equipped classrooms inspire, engage, and motivate students to perform well.
Here we have discussed the new technology in education in 2019.
Yes, Smartboards have been around for many years. However, more and more schools are adopting this technological tool into their classroom as it offers many benefits to the students as well as the teachers.
We have enlisted some of the benefits of the Smartboard below,
- Teachers no more have to use the traditional boards, which had to be erased with dusters, and the dust from the chalk had hazardous effects on their health.
- Keeps the classroom updated with the latest technology and techniques of teaching.
- Smartboards are highly engaging and interactive for students. The tactile learners physically interact with the board whereas the visual learners view videos and images. And the students who like to listen to audio can be engaged by listening to the lessons.
School ERP Application
School ERP Application like G2 OpenBook is a bundle of core modules that help every person that is connected with a school that includes the administrative staff, teachers, parents, and students.
It automates all the work done by various departments thus makes school management efficient.
We have enlisted the features offered by G2 OpenBook- School Online School Bus Tracking
- Online Report Card Printing
- Unique Advertisement Feature
- Canteen Wallet and Contact Details
- Student Attendance
- School Calendar & Timetable
- Assignment Viewing with submission report monitoring
Artificial Intelligence helps in personalizing and streamlining instruction. He offers appropriate school material to support the weak areas.
The teachers can offload some of their tasks to Artificial Intelligence so that they have more time to guide each student to achieve their educational goals.
The companies, as well as the educational institution, are now adopting machine learning to create customized study materials.
The benefits of adopting Artificial intelligence and Machine learning in education are as follows,
- Very much cost-effective
- Offers personalized learning facility
- Easily adaptive according to the teaching requirements
Augmented And Virtual Reality
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are two technologies, which have transformative potential that will grow exponentially in the coming years. The lower costs will attract more educational institutions to invest in these effective and engaging training tools.
The benefits offered by AR and VR are as enlisted below,
- Offers educational material to the students in the form of realistic scenarios.
- Facilitates more comprehension and retention of knowledge in students.
- Help students gain valuable hands-on experience
- Facilitates instant application of gained knowledge
The Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) that makes Bitcoin is also applicable in education. There are many ways in which blockchain technology can transform the educational system.
Various benefits offered by blockchain technology are as enlisted below,
- It offers a decentralized and transparent way to transact data.
- Fraud-proof way to transact and authenticate information.
- It provides cost-effective cloud storage options. and for securing student record transfers.
- The efficient way of verifying skills and knowledge of students.
Analytics is used by social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to optimize their sales. And now educational institutions are also adapting learning analytics to optimize learning using similar tools. Although learning analytics is a new technology in the field of education it is in its mode of expansion.
The benefits offered by Learning Analytics are as follows,
- As students interact with online technology, they leave digital footprints. Then the learning analytics allow teachers to follow the path that enables them to analyze how their students are performing.
- Educational institutions use learning analytics to know their student’s learning patterns and design curriculum accordingly.
- The educational institutions are also utilizing learning analytics to predict the success and recruitment of their students.
All the above-mentioned technology facilitates adaptive learning systems that use algorithms to test a student’s current educational level. After which, the system guides the student through the curriculum at the optimal path at his or her own pace.
Adaptive learning is synonymous with personalized learning. By customizing the educational instruction, students no longer need to sit through the concepts, which they have already mastered.
The traditional classrooms are not able to scale effectively according to individualized learning. But the application of new technological trends in the classroom makes this possible.